- Poynter.org — This is a great website to use to sign up for self-directed courses and seminars whether you are a student journalist or someone who has been working in the field for years. It is never too late to learn something new.
- Npr.org — Listen online to the news about the nation. It creates award winning news, information and music programming.
- Nppa.org — National Press Photographers Association has the standard of visual storytelling with their code of ethics on this website. It also has a list of training programs to better your own visual storytelling skills.
- Mna.org — Minnesota Newspaper Association will have journalism resources a Minnesota reporter might need. There is a list of local events and if you become a member you could have access to training programs.
- Journalism.org — The Pew’s Research Center Project for Excellence in Journalism will have the latest in industry trends.
- Spj.org — This society has local chapters. It is great resource to review the code of ethics and view career opportunities through the job bank on the website.
- Newsu.org — I used this website for free self-directed courses throughout my journalism program in college, but it is definitely a resourceful place to continue taking courses and view credible blogs and information about the field.